I’ve been waiting (sometimes impatiently) for this season to arrive. It’s my season of power and blessings ALWAYS show up for me during this time of the year. I love everything that fall symbolizes:
1. The trees lose their leaves and go through a dark season, but they are coming back stronger and better! That’s a metaphor for life right there in nature; can’t beat that.
2. The air has a crispness to it and staying warm under a blanket is the way to go.
3. Meals are hearty and comforting. This is a great time to try out new recipes. The snacks in the grocery aisles have themes. I love the marketing during this time of the year. I FALL for it every time!
4. It’s a season of true reflection. The year is coming to a close and we have a wonderful “excuse” to be grateful for a harvest of blessings!
5. While it can be a busy time of the year, its also a festive time. There’s always something to celebrate!
Let’s go back to number three for a moment. The meals. THEE MEALS! There’s nothing better than a good hearty meal. I’ve been preparing my pantry to test new fall recipes and I can’t wait to report back about them. Also, I’ve been stashing fall snacks and I am so excited to finally share them with you!
1. Chai Spice Tea
Where do I begin? I love this stuff! I’m not really a coffee drinker and I’m not obsessed with tea either, but once fall hits, I MUST have chai tea! The aroma and the robust flavor gets me excited and the added caffeine provides a much needed pep to my step (especially once we roll the clocks back).
2. Cinnamon Apple Sauce
I’m really just a 37-year-old child at this point! Applesauce is SOOOO nap time and show-and-tell, but I love those things too, so it makes perfect sense. Cold applesauce is a great treat that I’ll never turn down. It’s a good snack and when I’m attempting to stay away from baked goods, it satisfies my sweet tooth.
3. Seasonal Beverages
What a great “creamer” for my chai tea?? I love variety, so adding special seasonal items to my chai keeps things interesting. I’m excited to try this one! Oats are having their time in the sun right now, aren’t they?
4. Seasonal Novelty Foods
Ummmm, first of all, I’ve never met a tortilla chip that I didn’t like! Secondly, these are so cuuuute! Thirdly, please pass the salsa and guac!
5. Maple Leaf Cookies
At 110 calories per cookie, these are NOT for people who are watching their fall figure, but my gawd they are delicious! The maple cream on the inside of this sandwich cookie is so thick and satisfying. Maybe I shouldn’t have had 4 last night, but I did! Please do not cookie shame me because I am not ashamed.
6. Michele’s Cinnamon Granola
Michele can do NO wrong in my book and I LOVE when fall rolls around because I really enjoy this flavor of granola. It reminds me of cinnamon raisin bread which belongs on this list too, but I haven’t purchased it yet.
What’s on your vegan fall favorite snack foods list?? Did I miss anything? Tell me!