1. Come on Cyrus! Why is it so horrible for Red to know that Liv is missing and the reason for her kidnapping? It’s been three weeks of the same story line! At this point everyone including Annalise Keating, Derek Shepherd, and Emily Thorne/Amanda Clarke know that Liv is missing. Get over it! WE are over it!
2. “I’ll tell them how rough you like it.” Oh my!
3. Yeah, that vision, dream or hallucination that Cyrus had should remind us of why you should never put folks on a pedestal. It should also remind us of why you should ALWAYS have a life outside of work. The idea of Cyrus “doing it all” for Fitz is ludicrous. He did it all for the power and incidentally he happens to love and admire Fitz. Let’s not get confused about who Cyrus is people! It was nice to see him back to his old one-heart-attack-away self though, can’t lie.
4. I love jewelry and a long chain (like the one Abby had on) does it for me. I either like statement pieces or long chains…nothing in-between.
5. Ellen’s boo offered Huck “full creative control”? Way to make killing and torturing people sound cool, Shonda!
6. Is it me or is the kidnapper that Liv shot starting to look cute? He has this I’mma-kill-you-but-I-really-wanna-kiss-you thing going on.
7. #TeamPrescottLake! I missed the hell outta Daddy Pope! I never thought I’d say that ish. But go get a snack ladies and gents because it’s time for monologue central. . .
8. STEVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Season One Gladiators STAND UP!!!!! Damn Steven looks good with that gray hair. That accent….the whole look…I’m here for it.
9. Is THIS what it took for Huck to install locks on Liv’s door!?!?! Wow. Talk about being reactive instead of proactive. Geeeeesh!
10. Fitz looked like a little puppy when he saw Liv. When she screamed “I’m on my own” I couldn’t help but realize that this chick STILL doesn’t get it. Fitz is her gladiator in a lot of ways! Additionally, she is never on her own. Abby, David Rosen, Huck, Jake, Quinn, Ellen’s boo, Mellie and Fitz got her out of there! They all unknowingly worked together to make this hostage situation end peacefully. We may feel alone in situations, but there is always someone out there on our behalf. No one makes it alone. Just sayin’. . .I’ve learned this lesson several times…catch up Liv!
11. All of this makes me want to celebrate life! Oliva Pope is home. Huck installed locks. Steven is fine. The VP is drooling. Steven is still fine! What better way to celebrate than by eating chocolate? Yuuup, chocolate. . .
So, there is a spot in Oakland called Awaken Café and it’s chill, it’s funky and they have vegan chocolate bread! SCORE.
You have to know that I’ve had too many slices of it.
You have to know that I can’t go to Awaken without getting a slice of it.
You have to know that they have other vegan dessert options but I keep choosing the chocolate bread.
You have to know that my mouth waters when I think about the chocolate bread.
You have to know that they order it from Indiecakes in Berkeley and I don’t have the recipe. WOMP!
However, if you need your chocolate fix, there are plenty of recipes out there for you to try. Just know that the texture is akin to banana bread or a muffin, but should taste so sophisticated…like a slice of heavenly cake. The chocolate flavor should be subtle and smooth and so good that even Olivia Pope would enjoy it after Gettysburger and wine. At least that’s how I envision it after each bite at Awaken.
Ahhh, the weekend, chocolate bread and finally an episode in this season of Scandal that I wouldn’t mind watching repeatedly! Does it get better than this?