There are a few things that you should know:
1. Being vegan is a learning experience.
2. There are vegan comfort foods that make you feel like you are in Grandma's kitchen.
3. No No Burger is the absolute best vegan burger in the world.
Picture it, Sunday, December 14, 2014. There I was just minding my own business at the Jack London Square Farmer's Market sponsored by the Pacific Coast Farmer's Market Association and I walked up to the No No Burger stand. There were all kinds of delicious smells coming from the cart. I was so happy because most of the farmer's markets that I've been to in The Bay have not featured hot vegan meals. No No Burger was the exception and they welcomed me (and all of my excitement) with open arms. Honestly, when I purchase anything, I pay attention to customer service and the folks at No No were not only polite, but they were engaging.
So, here are the deets:
- The No No Classic was $7 and of course I had to order fries; I couldn't resist. Altogether my meal was under 10 bucks. Ya can't beat that!
- The burger was SO delicious. The texture was even. The flavors were on point and if you like onions, this burger will make your eyes roll into the back of your head. This burger contains raw onions, fried onions, "cheese" sauce, pickles, lettuce, and a delicious tomato that was extremely fresh!
- Lastly, the most important thing to me on a burger is the char. I need crispiness. I need grill marks. The No No Burger had it all and then some. You know your food is good when people come up to you and ask you what you are eating - that happened.
Being vegan doesn't mean that you have to give up your favorite comfort foods. Daron & Kendall, thanks for starting this awesome company and creating a simply scrumptious burger. I'll see you next weekend. I can't wait to try more from your menu!