I'm 33 years old with no kids and no husband but I STILL don't have time to be in the kitchen all day. I've got stuff to do. . .
This rice dish requires minimal ingredients and minimal time on your part, you just have to do a couple of things the night before.
1. Soak your lentils
2. Think good thoughts :-)
- Instant Brown Rice (preferably Trader Joe's Brown Balsmalti Rice)
- Various Spices (bay leaves, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper, etc.)
1. Rinse the water and residue from the lentils that you soaked the night before.
2. Add the lentils and 1 1/2 cups of brown rice to a large pot. Pour in 1 cup of veggie broth and 2 cups of water.
3. Add in the desired amount of spices and seasonings.
4. Cook on high heat and stir consistently until the lentils and rice have finished cooking.
5. Serve with raw spinach or another leafy green and garnish with tahini sauce (optional)
I was shocked by how easy this dish was to prepare. It took no time at all and it's because I soaked my lentils the night before. Soaking your beans the night before cooking help to alleviate frequent flatulence and and it also helps to the beans to cook quickly. Eat uppp and stay cozy this fall.