If you’re looking for an easy snack while you watch the ball drop or while you procrastinate on your 2021 diet plan, try these! Please note: I don’t do difficult recipes, so it has to be easy for me to even try it. Food should not be complicated!
Do you still have almond nog left? Do you want an easy meal after a holiday season of complicated recipes? I have a couple of ideas to share!
Here we go…
What you’ll need:
- Gardein Crispy Tenders
- Maple Syrup
- Hot Sauce
- Your favorite assortment of dried herbs and spices (basil, oregano, parsley, pepper, paprika, etc.)
- Lined baking sheet
- In a bowl mix 1 cup of hot sauce with ½ cup of maple syrup. Add in your favorite herbs and spices to the desired amount. Stir until the hot sauce, maple syrup and spices are combined.
- Coat the crispy tenders in the sauce and place on lined baking sheet.
- Turn the oven on broil or to the highest temperature and bake for 10 minutes.
You can eat these alone or on a bed of greens. I highly suggest substituting BBQ sauce in place of hot sauce for a sweet and sticky texture! Yum!
Almond Nog Nice Cream
Okay, now that you’ve had something savory, let’s move on to something sweet! What ever will you do with the little bit of almond nog that you have left? Let’s make festive nice cream! You won’t be disappointed, I promise!
What you’ll need:
- Almond Nog (or vegan eggnog)
- Chocolate Larabar or vegan chocolate chips (or both if you’re nasty) 😊
- Frozen bananas
- Add 2 frozen bananas to your high-speed blender along with one cup of almond nog.
- Throw in ½ of a Larabar and/or ½ cup of vegan chocolate chips.
- Blend on high until the bananas reach the consistency of soft serve ice cream.
There you have it folks; two amazingly delicious treats to eat before (or after) the ball drops!
Happy New Year!