Let's get cooking!
- 2 cups of kale
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 cups of mushrooms
- 1 cup of chopped white onions
- 1/2 cup of fresh chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon of liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon of earth balance
- 1 1/2 cups of veggie stock
- 2 corn tortillas (optional)
- 1 squeeze of sriracha (optional)
Yields 9 servings
Cook Time: 25 minutes
1. Over medium heat, add veggie broth to the skillet. Next add in chopped red peppers and onions.
2. Chop the sweet potatoes into medium sized pieces and put them in the skillet. Place the lid on the skillet and let everything cook for about 7 minutes. Warning: Raw sweet potatoes can be tough to chop so be careful and use a sharp knife.
3. While the sweet potatoes, red peppers and onions are cooking, chop the mushrooms. Remember to stir the sweet potatoes at least once while you are chopping.
4. Add the mushrooms in along with the dried basil, pink salt, liquid smoke and granulated garlic. Your kitchen should begin to smell delicious right... about... NOW!
5. After about 5 minutes, turn the stove down and add in the kale. Put the lid on the skillet and let stand for 2 minutes.
6. Lastly, add in the earth balance and stir. Serve with a tortilla, over rice, alongside another main course or eat by itself.