I had lentils, baked potatoes, a green pepper that was about to go bad, random frozen corn and the like simply sitting around and waiting to be used. You never know what deliciousness you can fashion with random ingredients from your fridge. Before you throw anything away, stop and think about it first! You may discover a love to curry you through!
Here’s what I used:
- 4 pre-baked potatoes
- 1 ½ cups of frozen corn from the freezer
- 1 bruised green pepper
- 1 cup of pre-cooked leftover lentils
- 3 cups of fresh spinach
- ½ of a white onion
Spices for the sauce:
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Basil
- Curry Powder
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of vegan butter (This came with a to-go order that I purchased last week. I told you everything was from leftovers.)
- In a medium heat skillet, add your vegan butter, diced onion, diced green pepper and frozen corn.
- Add in your spices and mix. Once the contents begin to stick to the bottom of the skillet, add in half of the veggie broth to loosen everything up.
- Now throw in your potatoes, onions, lentils and the remainder of the veggie broth.
- Finally, mix in your spinach and let everything simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. EAT UP!