1. Dip Baby Dip: Switch up the snacks. Instead of chips and dip, try a small amount of baked pita chips and a large amount of veggies like broccoli, carrots, celery and/or cauliflower and dip them in salsa or hummus. Lots of snacks have hidden chemicals that act as preservatives which allow supermarkets to keep them on the shelves longer. Don't fall for it!
2. Juicy Fruit: I wholeheartedly believe in dessert, but because I have a crazy sweet tooth, my dessert is fruit. If I ate cake or cookies every time I wanted something sweet, you would have to grease the sides of my body to get me out of the house. Is your sweet tooth like mine? Try switching to fruit as dessert! Bananas/apples and peanut butter/vanilla almond butter, medjool dates, sweet grapes...all of these are satisfying and taste delicious, especially if they are organic.
3. Pour It Up, Pour It Up: I know you've heard it before, but it's true. Reach for water instead of sodas or store bought fruit juices. Once you begin to phase out added unnatural sugars, your tummy will flatten and your body will begin to crave more of the good and less of the chemically altered. You WILL crave kale at some point…trust me!
4. Walk It Out: You have to move in order to get the most from your digestive system. The more you move, the more you can release. I’ll just leave that right there!
5. Mean Green: When all else fails, eat a salad. You’ll get what you need from a large salad full of leafy greens, beans and colorful veggies. Add a dressing of lemon, vinegar, your favorite oil (mine is sesame), garlic, onions, spices, etc. To “beef” up your salads, add quinoa and your stomach will thank you. Before you know it, you'll be able to say peace out to animal protein altogether!
Take it slow but stay diligent and before you know it, your body will outwardly thank you by weight release, lower cholesterol , clearer skin and better sleep. I'm ready if you are!